A Delicious Truffle Treat
Here’s the real truth about truffle salts: most of Italian black truffle salt makers substitutes the authentic truffle for an artificial, manufactured version. Most manufactures adds artificial truffle flavorings and aroma to the salt, while some even use synthetic coloring. Moreover, some brands add truffle oil, also known as “butter” in salt form. These additives are not part of the original, pure, authentic truffle salt, which is why most people fall victim to its fake appearance and flavor.
So, why do manufacturers add these substances in their products? It seems that most experts agree that if a salt has more than its share of artificial ingredients, then its earthy flavor may be lost to achieve that effect. While some manufacturers try to imitate truffle salts as much as possible, the real flavor may be lost with artificial flavorings.
The fake versions are mostly sold in supermarkets and specialty food stores. The good news is that the trend against these fake truffle salts is starting to spread. Most leading supermarkets nowadays only sell original, artisanal truffle salts, which still maintain the unique, earthy flavor and freshness of the original. If you’re planning to make your own at home, here are some tips to help you in your preparation. Read on…
– There are two different ways in which you can prepare it. Traditional way is by grating the fresh ingredients (including the orange rind) and putting it into a bowl, mixing all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until it forms a paste-like substance. You can add the sugar and other seasonings in order to enhance the taste, or you can add some salt and mix all the ingredients well.
– For those who prefer it, you can also make some summer truffle salts. In this method, all the ingredients are finely chopped and mixed with some distilled water. You can add some food coloring if you want to add some more of the Italian black truffle sea salt flavor to it. These winter truffle salts retain their saltiness during the winter season and are perfect for those who want to add some authentic taste to their dishes.
– For people who don’t like too much sweet, there’s another way to enjoy its taste without having to go overboard. You can go with the zero carb version, which is made with the natural sugars found in the Himalayan rock salt. With this version, it has only 5% of the sugar found in regular table salt, making it a healthier option. Aside from that, you can also use this in a lot of different ways. For example, you can bake, use as a sauce for salads, desserts, or even a sprinkling on top of meats, fish, or carbohydrates.
– Most people love the taste of the Himalayan crystal salt, but some people love the taste of the brown rock salt produced exclusively in the foothills of the dessert. It has a richer, more intense flavor than its counterpart. In addition to that, it has a very unique texture that makes it melt in your mouth. People say that it has an exotic, almost smoky taste with a hint of nutmeg and wood-dust.
– Last but not least, truffles contain moisture. You can use truffle salt to enrich the flavor of your desserts by keeping the proportion of cocoa and sugar slightly reduced. When combined with fruits or milk products like cream, it will taste like chocolate. Just make sure you put it back onto the melting chocolate before serving.
This is just an overview of truffle salt. There are many other fascinating facts about truffles. Knowing all these will help you recreate this delicious Truffle at home and share it with your family and friends. So what are you waiting for? Try it now.
To recreate the authentic truffle taste, you should know that truffle salt is used for flavoring and also for de-icing. The flavor is usually created using herbs and spices. Usually, the flavor is created using either just salt or just the sugar added to the mixture. But what most people do is they add just salt and let the mixture cool, then they add the sugar and let it cool, and then they use truffle salt to enhance the taste and the aroma of the dessert. The aroma in turn is created using certain aroma compounds that give out a distinctive flavor and smell of the chocolate and cream. These compounds are also responsible for giving the characteristic flavor and fragrance to the truffle.
The truffle has become almost as iconic as the popcorn itself. Popcorn and truffle go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you are in the mood for a sweet treat but are not too concerned about the calories, you can always go for truffle flavored popcorn. You can also make a yummy truffle cracker by mixing the popcorn and cheese. This is a very healthy alternative to the traditional cheese and popcorns that we usually eat.